Road Block

Our beach construction site.
June 13
The third word/phrase from the prayer time with a friend this week was road block.  Coming out of prayer I admitted that I didn't know what that meant.  Another friend who was praying with us recognized how our friend had been blocking a deep heart issue, which was keeping her from freedom in Christ.

Heading off to Biblegateway this morning I did not expect to find road block in a scripture search.  These two make potent points.  May they bless you today as you seek the Lord and ask him to remove anything or anyone blocking you from the riches that await you in Christ.
Job is so direct, so honest with God.  We can be too.
Why does God bother giving light to the miserable, why bother keeping bitter people alive. Those who want in the worst way to die, and can't, who can't imagine anything better than death, who count the day of their death and burial the happiest day of their life?  What's the point of life when it doesn't make sense, when God blocks all the roads to meaning?  Job 3:20-23

I have shown you the way that makes sense; I have guided you along the right path.  Your road won't be blocked, and you won't stumble when you run.  Hold firmly to my teaching and never let go. It will mean life for you.  Proverbs 4:11-13
 
For me, busyness is a major road block.  It keeps me distracted and from allowing God to be God of my life!  There are times that God uses the road blocks for our benefit as he did with the Israelites in the wilderness.  He directed their paths in the opposite direction of the promised land, because the road blocks were used for character building and disciplining towards dependance in God for all things.
I've seen road blocks in my life which were fabulous protective barriers.  Ones which forced me onto the paths God needed to me trod.

So let's step into today being superior supervisors of life's journey and the paths we take.  Evaluate our road blocks...tear down the ones which are tossed by the enemy and adhere to the ones which have been established to redirect our paths.

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?