Listen


August 1
Being prepared by my surgeon that my eye was going to swell shut, due to surgery for skin cancer, I decided to write this short devotional on the way home from Richmond, VA where I underwent surgery Tuesday.  A short, yet profound,  informational blip came across a Christian radio station we were listening to on the ride to Richmond.
The DJ shared that Mother Teresa was being interviewed and was asked what she says to God when she is praying. Her reply, "I don't talk to God when I pray. I listen." The interviewer then asked, "What does God say to you." Mother Teresa answered, "He doesn't say anything. He listens."  The DJ then stated,
"If you don't  understand what she was saying, you haven't learned what it means to pray in the Spirit."

Looks  like the next week, I will be needing to lay low and do lots of listening, while my head heals.


For the waywardness of the naive will kill them, and the complacency of fools will destroy them.
But he who listens to me shall live securely and will be at ease from the dread of evil.  
Proverbs 1:32-33

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?