Placement


August 26
I have the privilege of praying each Friday for a high school quarterback, who also does some punting.  He came into our lives 18 years ago and has grown to be an outstanding young man.  Each game day, I ask the Lord to give me a word for him.  Last week, when I awakened, all I was hearing was "barroom"?  Like vroom!
I texted him early and said I really didn't think that was God's message unless he was warning him that he was going to be lured into a "bar room" before the game.  Just to be sure I warned him to stay out of bars. LOL
He asked me to keep praying and send him the "word" when I got it.  It was close to 4 o'clock when "the word" came and I knew he'd be heading into the locker room. It was AMAZING!  Here is what I texted him:
"I just got the word!  It is placement!  While I pray for perfect placement of every pass, kick, and handoff on the field this season, more importantlyI pray you place your eyes daily on God's Word and keep placing your future in his hands! Oh (his name), God makes me cry for joy sometimes when he speaks to me. It is not by accident God has placed you as the leader of this team!  I love you and am praying He will equip you and give you strength every place you go."

The Biblegateway verse for this day was spot on for a quarterback!
When I said, "My foot is slipping, your unfailing love, Lord supported me.  When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought me joy."    Psalm 94:18-19


Where has God placed you today dear friend?
Who needs your encouragement this week?

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?