Sensitivity

August 3-4
I am constantly amazed at how our sensitivity is heightened when we experience first hand a trial we have never tasted.  Having cancer diagnosed and then cut out of my body has left me wondering if it has spread to other parts of my body.  Walking closely along side friends and family members with cancer, I've been pulled to my knees to pray for healing, sat with them through chemo, have shed tears by their bedside in times of prayer and even fasted for a cure. Never have I tasted as closely the anticipation that this disease is running rampant, undiagnosed, somewhere else in my body.  My sensitivity is heightened.

Distress that drives us to God does that. It turns us around.  It gets us back in the way of salvation.  We never regret that kind of pain.  But those who let distress drive them away from God are full of regrets, end up on a deathbed of regrets.
And now, isn't it wonderful all the ways in which this distress has goaded you closer to God?  You're more alive, more concerned, more sensitive, more reverent, more human, more passionate, more responsible. Looked at from any angle, you've come out of this with purity of heart.  And that is what I was hoping for in the first place when I wrote the letter. My primary concern was not for the one who did the wrong or even the one wronged, but for you-that you would realize and act upon the deep, deep   ties between us and before God. That's what happened-and we felt just great. 2 Corinthians 7:10-13

The sensitivity I hope to see heightened is for the salvation of those I will encounter in doctors' offices the next 3-4 months.  More than physical healing, I intend to pray for their spiritual salvation and pray God will give me the opportunity to initiate conversations to such an end.

Last night was the first time I'd felt like getting out.  My eyes have been swollen shut and my body felt rather blah from the pain meds and anti-biotics.  My boyfriend and I decided to do a couple laps around the house, not realizing our security system was catching our stroll. Later when we saw the video, I told him I looked old and he looked like one of our sons taking me for a walk.  Hopefully, the video will play for you.
God's word says to be joyful always, pray without ceasing and give thanks in all situations. I thank God for continually teaching me how to be more like Jesus and I thank Him for placing a godly man to walk alongside me.


http://www.remoteinternetvideo.com/player.asp?ses=214815y5886SEC0639Laq3a232nyY97hgsq&acc=Sec0729977&f=20130802_191345.mp4

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?