Special "Mo"-ments


Look closely on Moses right paw and you will see a baby butterfly. It's brown/orange.
August 8
Our bulldog, Moses ("Mo" for short) has been such a blessing to our life.  He has out lived his projected longevity for an English bulldog and we are so thankful.  His demeanor, snuggle tooth, droopy eyes and beefed up body bring joy to others and especially us.  His gas...not so much.  When I reflect on the way he has loved and protected our grandchildren these past five years it actually brings tears to my eyes.  Some of you who have visited here have sat on our couch and been comforted by him.  One friend had tears dripping down her cheeks and he lumbered up beside her, placed his paw on her shoulder and gazed into her eyes with a depth of concern that left the rest of us in the room gasping and then laughing until tears fell down our cheeks.
Tuesday, he and I sat out on the front entrance to the house awaiting the arrival of my husband from work.  A tiny baby butterfly took a liking to Moses and kept landing on his behind, his paws, and his head.  The occurrence was aggravating Moses and each time the creature lit upon him Moses would clamber up and move. I had such a delightful time watching this play out.  Moses and I have always carried on a one sided conversation, where I explain exactly what's happening in life.  I believe he understands me and appreciates my honesty! Chuckling, I explained to him that this tiny creature liked him and wanted a friend, so he acquiesced and allowed the flutter winged creature to rest upon his paw.  Being a brindle bulldog, I found it quite fitting God sent a brindle butterfly!

There is another special moment in history involving someone acquiescing in a manner of great magnitude resulting in transforming eternity...
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this:
While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
Romans 5:8

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?