Strengthen me to Surrender

August 27
It was that early morning prayer time, before your eyes have opened and you are melted into your mattress. Consciousness is just occurring.  "Say what?"  The first lines of prayer to God were clear, but startled me.  "Strengthen me to surrender to Your way today God."  Where did that come from?  Obviously, it was the Holy Spirit groaning for me, before I was awake and knew what to pray.  Coming from Him, it is "right on" and a powerful request.

Human nature does not lend itself to surrendering.  Most of us are fighters!  You know, put on that armor and stand our ground, not wavering.  Surrendering to God and his ways is a daily exercise with grand benefits!

Sing the familiar hymn: I Surrender All
http://www.hymnal.net/hymn.php/h/441

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?