Fire and Water

September 6
The evening after laser surgery I needed a safe place to lay my head, before heading on to enjoy the grandchildren.  The Founder's Inn on the campus of Regent University is such a place. I crawled into bed, thankful for the care package a neighbor had packed for me, and rested my burnt head!  When I awakened in the morning I decided to set off on a little walk across campus.  Seeing the sleepy headed eight o'clock classers made me laugh.  I'm a morning person and my cheery "Mornin" greeting received some less cheerful responses. Immediately, I counted it a privilege to be on a Christian college campus and prayed for strength for the students and faculty.  As I walked past Pat Robertson's house, I thanked God for his ministry. The 700 Club television program, turned on in our family room, is where my husband knelt and prayed to receive Christ many years ago.
This is such a beautiful place.  Below are a couple pictures I captured with my cell phone.  May they remind you today of God's every lasting refreshment and may they set your hearts on fire to serve Him.

The living water...
 Jesus answered, "If you knew the generosity of God, and who I am, you would be asking me for a drink, and I would give you fresh, living water.  John 4:10

Go into all the world and serve God with a passionate fire.

Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe, for our "God is a consuming fire."  Hebrews 12:28-29

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?