Cheers or Chores

November 30-Dec 1
Laid up in our bed with aching backs last Saturday, my husband was reading and I was typing away. Glancing over at him, I inquired as to the air time of a football game we wanted to watch.  My purpose was to inform him, "I need to do a few chores first," but it came out, "I need to do a few cheers first." This later seemed totally appropriate to him!

How do we look at our faith and our times of worship...with cheerful hearts or as a chore?

Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise;
give thanks to him and praise his name.
Psalm 100:4 

While writing this the other morning, the rising sun had coated the sky in a burst of pink, at least 30 geese formed their "V" and flew out over the water which was coated with billowing fog which had formed due to the 17 degree temperatures.  The mere scene out my window gave me reason to praise, so I began to sing.

Sometimes when there is a battle going on around me or even in me, I've learned to sing as a way to encourage the angels encamped upon our property to mount up and be renewed in the battle they fight for us in the heavenlies.  We set out birdseed for the birds, why not send up songs of praise for the angels!

Now this just rocked my world. As I am typing on workshop, a James MacDonald message popped up on the same topic. It's worth the read!


But the hour is coming, and is now here, when the true worshipers will 
worship the Father in spirit and truth, 
for the Father is seeking such people to worship him.
John 4:23

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?