H.A.C.K. #1

January 4-5
H.A.C.K.ing into life through Hospitality, Acts of Service, Compassion and Kindness!
(A weekend evaluation of how the outward actions of yesterday's verses has a real life application.)

Don't panic that I am promoting a doctrine of works.  God's grace is all salvation takes, but the proof is in the pudding as the fruit of the Spirit flows out of a life lived for Christ.

Reflecting back on this first week of January this morning I  wondered if these things had occurred in my life.
One new person who appeared this week was Daniel, at the Genius Bar at the Apple Store.  He helped resolve my computer issues! Such a blessing. Before we began I told him if he could figure out the problems he would be awarded one free weekend at Shiloh!  (I don't think he believed me.)  Hey, that would have fulfilled the offering hospitality.

At first glance, we can feel like failures in light of these categories.  When we allow the Holy Spirit activation privileges in our lives small acts occur which not only qualified, but count in ways we most likely will never know about this side of heaven.

A training twist came into mind as I realized I had been the recipient this week of everyone of these treasures!  God had allowed me to see the impact each of these categories had one my life.  The free compassionate service from The Apple Store made me feel valued. The invitations into others' homes made me feel loved.  The compassion some friends had on me to help me with a service project lightened the load and my husband bestowed kindness on my again and again during this week of his vacation.
Personal experience spurs us on to H.A.C.K. into others lives!

Offer hospitality to one another without grumbling.  1 Peter 4:9

Serve wholeheartedly, as if you were serving the Lord, not people.  Ephesians 6:7

Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.
Ephesians 4:32

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?