Too Valuable to Use?


May 2

Spring cleaning is a lot of work. We are blessed to have some beautiful china patterns, because that was a hobby of my father's.  Putting away my winter china, I was getting ready to take out an everyday pattern that I've had since we were first married.  Then I looked at a lovely pattern, which was my grandmother's and thought, "I rarely use this because of how valuable it is."

Bong!  The thought crossed my mind that that is how some people look at prayer. They save it for critical times, as if there is a limit to how many times they can access God.

Everyday we will be using the pretty pattern this spring and we will also be treasuring the value of prayer and daily appreciating its value as well.

Pray without ceasing!
1 Thessalonians 5:17

This is the confidence we have in approaching God: 
that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. 
And if we know that he hears us-whatever we ask- we know that we have what we asked of him.  
1 John 5:14-15

David had a heart for the Lord and a prayer connection which exemplified "real life".  Again and again in the Psalms he writes of his prayer mode saying…"I cried out."  In Psalm 66:20 he states:
Praise be to God, who has not rejected my prayer or withheld his love from me! 

God created prayer as a means of fellowship and communication.
Whether you see it as a perk or a privilege of our faith, it's intended to be used often.
Our prayers are valuable, but our calls are not limited!

Therefore, confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed.
The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.
James 5:16 

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?

Marriage Matters #1