Do A Fresh Work

Butterflies are a reminder of a fresh work.
June 14-15
A precious sister in Christ has been fighting the good fight lately.  She has an aching heart for a prodigal and has had to have her armor on regarding church issues.  Two areas we assume to be safe havens for us…church and family.  (Ok, we should know better.)  We were excited about studying God's Word together this summer, when she texted that she and her husband were packing up and moving related to a new business venture. They had the opportunity to do a "fresh work".  While selfishly I miss her presence, I am elated God  has given her this adventurous reprieve.

Typing "fresh work" into The Message translation of Biblegateway, I'm rejoicing in what I found.

God made my life complete when I placed all the pieces before him.  When I got my act together, he gave me a fresh start. Now I'm alert to God's ways; I don't take God for granted. Every day I review the ways he works; I try not to miss a trick. I feel put back together, and I'm watching my step.  God rewrote the text of my life when I opened the book of my heart to his eyes.  Psalm 18:20-24

So, friends, take a firm stand, feet on the ground and head high. Keep a tight grip on what you were taught, whether in personal conversation or by our letter. May Jesus himself and God our Father, who reached out in love and surprised you with gifts of unending help and confidence, put a fresh heart in you, invigorate your work, enliven your speech.  2 Thessalonians 2:15-17

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?