#8


October 1
Ha, think I'm overwhelmed. I wrote this night before last, forgot to post it and when I just pulled it up I had dated it September 31!  Time for some rest!

#8 is doing great!  I wasn't even in the door of the hospital room, I had not laid eyes on this young lady and I began to cry tears of joy and I think also relief.  The same thing happened 3 weeks ago when I walked in the hospital to meet our newest grandson.  It's a powerful emotion.  Later in the day, I pondered what causes that to happen. In addition to the automatic elation involved in loving this little person, who is part of your heritage, and the relief that the baby has been safely delivered and healthy; the realization that God has chosen your child to parent this little bundle is a big part of the emotion.
My husband reminded me the other night…these children belong to God and are on loan to our children to raise and hopefully train up to love Him.
Each time I've encountered a newborn grandchild, I've whispered to them about angels and every time it has brought about a smile.  I believe with all my heart, they still see the angels who were around when they were created in their mother's womb!
How I wish all these kiddos lived closer to one another.  My idea of a good time would be to lie on the floor and let them all crawl all over me!

But from everlasting to everlasting the Lord's love is with those who fear him, and his righteousness with their children's children.   Psalm 103:17

May you live to see your children's children-peace be on Israel.   Psalm 128:6

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?