Goldilocks Moment


October 8
As most of you know, I'm not a drinker.  Our physician suggested that both my husband and I have a glass of wine at dinner, to aid in lowering our cholesterol. It really doesn't agree with me though.  A couple weeks ago, I came back home very grumpy after a 10 hour drive from Nashville.  It was equal to a nasty PMS attack.  I even told my husband, I have no clue why I am feeling this way. The next day I realized I drank sweet tea the whole ride home and had not had one glass of water and really think that played into the personalty change.  Night before last, I tried the glass of prescribed wine and did not like who it transformed me into.  With inhibitions down, I opened my mouth when it should have stayed closed. I apologized to my husband and said, "Can we just scratch that complaint I made?  This wine has given me hot flashes and put me in a bad mood like the lack of water and dehydration did a couple weeks ago."

He began to laugh at me.  I said, "Tell me what is so funny."  The reply, "You are having a Goldilocks moment.  Not too hot and not too cold.  We need you with not too little hydration and not too much!"  Oh, my goodness. We laughed and laughed and laughed.

Moderation is better than muscle.
Proverbs 16:32 (MSG)

You, God, are my God, earnestly I seek you;
I thirst for you, my whole being longs for you, in a dry and parched land where there is no water.
Psalm 63:1

Now let's get spiritual.

Apply this to how some church members act.  They want their church services  "Just Right".  A little mention of Jesus, but not too much to make them uncomfortable.

 Apply this to how often we want to allow Jesus to invade of life choices.  Now don't forget me Jesus, but don't expect me to allow you into every corner of my heart.  Just be a middle of the road guy, there when I think I need you.

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?