Hey God, You're Great


October 28

It was 3:34 AM and I couldn't sleep, so I decided to go into prayer mode.  Remembering P.R.A.Y….
Praise, Repent, Ask and Yield…and that it was the middle of the night I started off with "Hey God, You're great!"  Shifting my mind to attempt to recall a Psalm, instead at that moment I heard the steady breathing of my man sleeping beside me and thought…You, Father, decide every breath we will take.
Next, I concentrated on the beat of my heart and was awed as I realized it is God who controls the beats of my heart.  Continuing on in this reflection of how intricately God created our bodies, I wiggled my toes under the covers and thought about the brain and muscle functions that had to occur for that action to take place.  Then I got up and started typing my praise process and opened Biblegateway and read…

There's nothing like the written Word of God for showing you the way to salvation through faith in Christ Jesus. Every part of Scripture is God-breathed and useful one way or another-showing us truth, exposing our rebellion, correcting our mistakes, training us to live God's way. Through the Word we are put together and shaped up for the tasks God has for us.  2 Timothy 3:16-17

I praised God for the gift of the written Word and as I did the answer to one of my top prayer requests came.  In a women's Bible study a group of women shared their heartache of "going it alone" related to the fact their husbands will not go to church.   My prayer focus was for these men to get to church, but this passage shifted my prayers asking God to find ways to get the written Word before them.  Thus, showing them truth, exposing their rebellion, correcting their mistakes and training them to live God's ways and hopefully giving them the desire to go to church!

Hoop de Doo, that was worth a little middle of the night computer time.


Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?