Receive

Mama Boo receiving a lapful of love.

Everyone who asks receives.
Matthew 7:8

October 31
Just as some people are addicted to exercise or work, I'm addicted to Bible Study. It's where I get my fulfillment.  The nuggets God has waiting to teach me really do feel like finding treasure.  You can dig into the same verse again and again and learn a whole new lesson. That's what has happened to me regarding: Everyone who asks receives.

Forever, I read that verse in the context of God will answer our prayers if they are within his will and God loves to bless us.  The other day I read it with the insight that God HAS good things to give us, which will bring glory to his kingdom.  We don't have to come up with the gimme list.  We can ask to receive what He has waiting for our lives.

How different does it look to come before God, believing in who he is and the magnitude with which he loves us, and ask..,"What is it You have for me today, Father?"  We are called  servants of the Lord.   A servant doesn't show up for work and tell you what they'd like to do that day.  A servant receives the orders for the day, the list of what is to be accomplished.  I can only imagined how much more we'd be blessed if we daily approached God with that attitude and receive what he has for us, versus what we think we want for our lives.

Receiving is our active participation in what Jesus already does….A receiver gets to welcome what Jesus already wants.  Beth Moore

Doesn't mean we give up our intercession for others!  

Bring it on Lord!  What's on the agenda for today!

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?