A Personal Savior

The green is for St Patrick's Day
March 17
If we confess our sins He is faithful and just
to forgive our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
1 John 1:9

"He died not for men, but for each man.
If each man had been the only man made, He would have done no less."
C.S. Lewis

So what do we do with a personal Savior like that?  Where is His presence in our lives in relationship to others and other activities?  Does Jesus hold the seat of honor in our homes?

Praying the other morning, I was so thankful I could come to God so freely. Then I remembered that approach is only possible with Jesus, for Christ's shed blood makes the path clear.  I pictured myself holding Jesus' hand as we approached the throne of God and Jesus was speaking to God for me. Yup, Jesus was speaking on behalf of His beloved friend.  He wants to do that for everyone created, but we have to take the step to establish the friendship.

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?