A Tangled Mess



March 18

I purchased a beautiful skein of skinny yarn in blue hues.  The sales lady at the yarn shop offered to wind the yarn into a ball for me, but I explained my ride was waiting and I needed to scurry out. Traveling this past weekend I thought the car ride would provide a good opportunity to wind the yard. Instead I've ended up with a tangled mess.
I've put over 28 hours so far into undoing this mess. Who knows what I could have created by now if I was knitting.
Sunday, I received calls and emails relaying heart wrenching  news concerning health issues three different friends are facing with their loved ones.  One was rushed into emergency surgery and the other two have major treatment decisions to make, while facing life threatening complications and fevers.
Picking my way through the yarn,  I kept praying for these friends.  As I'd get to one tight mess, I'd almost give up and toss the yarn away. Then I'd undo a knot and there would be a straight away and progress would be made, giving me hope to see this through to completion.  I know that is how these patients and their families must feel. They are hanging on to hope and calling out to God to heal them.

Therefore do not worry about tomorrow,  for tomorrow will worry about itself.
Each day has enough trouble of its own.
Matthew 6:34

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?