Remember Your Story

Our oldest granddaughter made this bouquet and hand painted card for me.💖

Nothing touches our lives that God doesn't allow.  He has a plan and a purpose, sometimes far into the future, that can be used for His glory. (Jeremiah 29:11)

Flash back 40 years and I approached life's downs with an "I can't believe this is happening." and truth be told "How can I fix it?" attitude.   Now that I am older and wiser I see that God truly works all things together for good for those who are called according to His purpose.  (Romans 8:28)

I thank God for the stroke 8 years ago and how it mellowed me out (okay some of you are laughing, but it really did). And honestly, I like getting old. Sure, there are regrets, but there is also value in being able to pass along the wisdom learned from those regrets.

God CAN use everything for His good.

Mentoring moments are what I feel called to at this stage of life.  Working on a talk for a women's retreat weekend, I came across an article on "Remembering the Right Story."  

 “The past is a fact, but the way I tell my story is a choice.” Katherine Wolf

How do you remember your story?

How do you narrate your story to yourself?

Is it through the redemptive work of Jesus in your life?

You and I have really hard parts in our pasts that can either be the big, negative highlight or redefined in Jesus. How might you need to reframe the facts so that you can expect the goodness God is bringing in your future?  Laurie McClure (Faith Gateway hostess)


Here is the link to the whole article.

https://faithgateway.com/blogs/christian-books/remembering-the-right-story


The Song

“Write Your Story” Francesca Battistelli

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-aeDEvOzVU

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Toe Sucking