Marvelous!


March 13
For the past two hours, I've been devouring Bible Study. It's coming at me faster than I can assimilate all I want to learn.  The big question is…What am I going to do with what I learn?  Will I live differently?  Oh, how I pray I do.

Presently, I'm involved in two studies. One is Beth Moore's Jesus the One and Only. Moore writes, "Walking with Christ is the greatest pleasure of my life. But even this sacred pleasure cannot be my goal.  Knowing and pleasing Christ must be my goal.  Distraction of all kinds is my biggest challenge in this pursuit."  Oh, girlfriend, do I relate!

She also expounded on a heartfelt personal petition to God; being that she would develop His taste.  "I want to grow to love what He loves, hate what He hates, and marvel at the things He finds marvelous."
What a powerful prayer for us all.

Moore established these longings after realizing in Luke 7:9 that Jesus marvels at the faith of people. In this chapter a centurion is wanting his servant healed.  (Which is a precious story in itself.)

Now when Jesus heard this, He marveled at him, and turned and said to the crowd that was following him, 'I say to you, not even in Israel have I found such a great faith,'" 

God, make us want what you want and give us a GIANT faith which believes your will will be done.
In Jesus' Name. Amen

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?