A Deep Question

I thank God for this sunny 80 degree day in the end of October!
What does a little mind think as it looks at the vastness of an ocean?
"God Of Wonders" By Chris Tomlin comes to my mind!
Lord of all creationOf water, earth and sky
The heavens are your tabernacle Glory to the Lord on high

God of wonders beyond our galaxy You are holy, holy
The universe declares Your Majesty You are holy, holy



October 30
Discussing the limits of life right now with a dear friend, he "stunned me" with the question he posed.
"What fills you with joy right now?"  
My initial response was "Being alive and getting to be with my husband."
The question has stayed with me for several days and I realized equally as elating is realizing the Lord is with me and up to good even though life has looked quite different these past 7 weeks.

Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord,
because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain.
1 Corinthians 15:58

In the BSF study on Revelation this question was on our lesson.: "What positive attributes of the church of Thyatira did the Lord commend?"  My answer was from Revelation 2:  

Their deeds, love, faith, service, perseverance, 
and that they are doing MORE than they first did."

As I've studied these two passages recently, they have brought me not only great insight, but great joy.  What an excellent challenge to pray for the Holy Spirit to fill us with the attributes to "give ourselves fully" and persevere to "do more."

The answer to the first question is that God's Word continually fills me with joy, whether there is elation in the air and a rainbow in the sky; or a dark cloud on the horizon and heaviness in my heart.

For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to diving soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.
Hebrews 4:12

As the rain and the snow come down from heaven,
and do not return to it without watering the earth and making it bud and flourish,
so that it yields see for the sower and bread for the eater,
so is my word that goes out from my mouth:
it will not return to me empty, 
but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.
You will go out in joy and be led forth in peace;
the mountains and hills will burst into song before you,
and all the trees of the field will clap their hands.
Isaiah 55:10-12

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?

Marriage Matters #1