Be Willing to Receive

These fun tree hugger statues were scattered around Cheekwood Plantation in Nashville, TN.
For those who find me find life and receive favor from the Lord.
Proverbs 8:35
October 19
Continued...
Two godly women spoke the same phrase over me while in Nashville.  "Be a good receiver," they each said.  One said, "If you can't receive well from others, maybe you aren't receiving what God has for you."  Hmm, maybe I need to go out and hug a tree and contemplate this thought?

Often I tell our grandchildren to try to learn something new everyday.  That's been easy for me the past weeks.  During the first few weeks of this recovery I was willing to try anything the doctors and therapist told me (with the exception of medications).  A little stubborn in that area.  Coming home for a few days and realizing how difficult simple sequential tasks are to complete I now need to train myself how to do certain "life moves" again.  I told some friends today that instead of people bringing meals, what I need is someone to go to the grocery store with me and help me stay on that task and then later, someone walk along side me as I try to cook a meal.  Oh, how I long to be able to give a party again...baby steps.  As my husband listened to my new thoughts, he interjected it might be ok to accept a meal every now and then.  One day at a time. One day at a time.

Dance steps are great balance and memory exercises for me, so I've asked another friend to come over and teach me some dance steps.  Where are my tap shoes Betty Ashton? Laughter is good for the soul too and I'm sure that will be a part of this.

I don't want to miss out on receiving what God has planned for me, so I will take the advice of these women and learn to graciously receive with joy.

As we sat in the dining room of our son and daughter in law's brand new home, for their first formal meal around the table, it was a delight to receive the delicious meal our daughter in law prepared.  She thoughtfully had purchased ingredients for a favorite recipe, which I have made over the years.  As I sat watercolor painting with our granddaughter, at the kitchen counter, our daughter in law said, "Mama Boo, I'm so impressed you are just sitting there and letting me do all the cooking."  I laughed out loud and said, "That's because I probably couldn't figure out how to do what you are doing."
And for now, that's ok.  I thank God my family is loving me anyway.




Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?

Marriage Matters #1