Congenial Conversation


October 25

Back in the day, junior high school brought the opportunity to meet friends from outside your immediate neighborhood.  I look back on those days with such fondness, except the day the math teacher measured my skirt length and told me it was not within the limits and I was to never wear that dress again.
One of my very favorite friends from those days messaged me the other day and said,
"Be kind to yourself, my friend.  All things in God's time."

She had some more specific words of encouragement, which were spot on and brought on a wall of tears pouring down my face. The Biblegateway verse, which my grandson and I had read that same morning, came to mind and I messaged it back to my friend.

Congenial conversation-what a pleasure!
The right word at the right time-beautiful!
Proverbs 15:23

Galatians 6:2 from The Message translation pours out godly advice as well.

"Live creatively, friends.  If someone falls into sin, forgivingly restore him, saving your critical comments for yourself.  You might be needing forgiveness before the day's out.  Stoop down and reach out to those who are oppressed. Share their burdens, and so complete Christ's law.  If you think you are too good for that, you are badly deceived."



Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?

Marriage Matters #1