Friendship & Follow Through

WOW! What a gift these women showered us with by cleaning our whole house.
Deke and I will never forget this selfless act of kindness.
October 29
The things that have added spice to life around Shiloh, those things which are not of eternal value but bring a smile to your face, are things missing now from my modus operandi.  My brain knows that in pre-stroke days I would have done these things, but in the lethargy of life right now there is no follow through for these ideas.  Right now life is rather simple and SLOW, but it's obviously a part of God's plan.

Three friends teamed up and descended upon our house to clean, dust, vacuum up the stink bugs and freshen up the toilets.  I knew I wanted to photograph them and record this offering of generosity and friendship.  To take the photo I wanted, required heading down to our costume corner and digging out some wigs. The dress up idea didn't come to fruition, but they did let me take a photo of them in this incredible act of servanthood.

C.S. Lewis wrote: "Friendship is unnecessary, like philosophy, like art...it has no survival value; rather it is one of those things which give value to survival."  Amen!

A friend loves at all times.
Proverbs 17:17

Thanks to another friend who served us this gorgeous meal of crab cakes and roasted sweet potatoes!

I'm back at our son's for my last stint of staying close to a primary stroke center.  Yesterday was the steadiest and clearest thinking I've felt since the incident September 14th. Talking to my speech therapist friend in Alabama about some cognitive issues she has prescribed "learning something" new and daily challenging the brain!  Should be fun!

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?