Misjudged


Our next to youngest grandchild and his beautiful, beloved, Mama!

October 26
Real life is a bit unfamiliar to me now.  The simplest things seem to take 5 times longer!

Lining up a way to get home for the weekend to attend the Grand Opening of our new church site, so my sweet hubby didn't have to make his sixth weekend jaunt in a row, took some effort.  An, oh, so thoughtful friend, had arranged a ride for me from point B to C, but I had to get from A to B and it wasn't working out.  Not trusting the Lord, I took the reins and reserved a rental car.  At the last moment, our son looked at me and said, "I'm driving you!" Probably the wisest decision.

In Crewe, VA he passed me off to a lovely lady, who has a home on Smith Mt Lake.  This total stranger, had made her car so welcoming. She had drinks, snacks and a freshly washed pillow so I could sleep. She was so much fun, I never closed my eyes until I reached my bed and then I slept like a log for 3 hours.

Awaking the next morning, I was excited to attend Bible Study with my neighbor.  The rough rigor of routine ensued once again though.  I ate, brushed my teeth, showered/shampooed, but then was stumped at what to wear, because we had not laid clothes out the night before.  So, I just put on what I'd worn the day before. UGH!  So uncreative.  My sweet neighbor said, "Well, you just sat in a car in those clothes, you probably didn't get them very dirty!"  Such an encourager.

After Bible Study she was going to take me to look for some plants for our outdoor planter.  (Ha, they will probably die before I get them planter.) She suggested we get a bite to eat first.  In that restaurant was another friend who said she was in Kroger and was picking up the essentials for our refrigerator, since we'd lost everything to a power outage.  By the time she reached the house, I was in my pjs and headed for nap time! After my husband arrived home from work, I told my him I really needed to get a walk. That's where the misjudgment came into play.  By the end up the walk, which was uphill, my left leg was screaming, "Just leave me here and go on without me!"  My husband suggested he go get the car and come back for me. I said, "What am I going to do, just sit in someone's yard?"  We laughed. By then my head was throbbing and I knew I had overdone.  The problem comes by not being aware at what point "too much" has crept in.

Just knock my socks off God.  I kid you not, as I got ready to pray about a verse to place here on wisdom, I opened Biblegateway and the verse was:

"The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom,
and knowledge of the Holy One is understanding."
Proverbs 9:10

The Message Translations reads:
"Skilled living gets it start in the Fear-of God, insight into life from knowing a Holy God.
It's through me, Lady Wisdom, that your life deepens, and the years of your life ripen.
Live wisely and wisdom will permeate your life; mock life and life will mock you.
Proverbs 9:10

As Jeff Foxworthy would say, "There's  your sign!"

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?