Pancakes and Buttermilk Pie


October 27
Sorry, a little late today. Rough couple days with sciatica.  Telling that devil to take off in the name of Jesus!

Each  morning when I awaken my mind drifts back to both in and out patient rehab and the people who are struggling there on this particular day.  Scared, defeated, wondering if they will ever be whole again and all I can do is pray for them.

My hearts desire was to get up Saturday morning and make pancakes for my husband!  My girlfriend had picked up the essential perishable ingredients I was lacking: buttermilk, eggs and butter.  It took awhile, but they turned out grand!  The sight of the those ingredients triggered my mind to realize I could also bake him a buttermilk pie! I was elated and hope he was as well.

We had a whole Saturday before us and would have normally worked ourselves silly, but my "umph" was not pushing me out the door to weed or into the closet for the mop and dust cloth. Instead I opened the Jesus Calling app on my phone and found wisdom!

"Learn to unwind whenever possible, resting in the Presence of your Shepherd...I built into your very being the need for rest.  How twisted the world has become when people feel guilty about meeting this basic need!  How much time and energy they waste by being always on the go, rather than taking time to seek My direction for their lives...I have chosen you less for your strengths than for your weaknesses, which amplify your need for Me.  Depend on Me more and more, and I will shower Peace on all your paths."

Well, I need a dose of that!  How about you?

"The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing.
He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he refreshes my soul.
He guides me along the right paths for his name's sake."
Psalm 23:1-2

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?

Marriage Matters #1