Pondering Which Pumpkin to Pick





"Great are the works of the Lord; they are pondered by all who delight in them."
Psalm 111:2

October 23
I walked close to 2 miles the other day.  Yup, came inside and collapsed, but I made an increase in my walking progress.  Our grandson asked me if I thought I could jog for a little while. Pondering the proposition, I explained I couldn't trust my left foot to have enough get up and go to do that. I was afraid I would trip and scuff myself up on the asphalt.  
While I've been pushing the physical aspect of this recovery and excited to see improvement, I think I have pumpkin brain...ya know...full of a messy mush and I don't know how to fix that. My thoughts are totally clear and rational (so I think), yet they are slow, sluggish and missing the boojoyful element, the Energizer Bunny attitude, and the creative desires just aren't there right now.  While it seems so weird and is a reminder there is an issue in my brain, I'm rather nonchalant about the situation.

Tuesday, a young woman was telling me about her mom having a medical occurrence which involved losing oxygen to the brain temporarily.  She said it took her mom a year to regain her cognitive level. So, what do I do?  Dwell on what is lost or reflect on who God is and what he has given me for this day, while remembering with Him all things are possible.

Somehow in my Bible wandering, I ended up with this excellent advice in Job 5:8-9

"But if I were you, I would appeal to God; I would lay my cause before him.
He performs wonders that cannot be fathomed, miracles that cannot be counted.

What a great place to camp out!  In the meantime, I will be content with who God has me to be today.
(Hmm, someone remind me of that attitude when I'm sad and discouraged this afternoon)

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?

Marriage Matters #1