Everlasting Love

The blue heron from our cove.
October 8
Labor Day weekend we were sitting on the boat at our dock...just chillin.  My husband spotted my favorite blue heron walking along the shore line across the lake. All of a sudden Deke hollered, grab your camera! He's headed right for us!  Spreading his magnificent wings he flew right over our boat.
Yesterday, a lake friend sent a picture she took of this heron sitting on our dock. She texted, "He's looking for you Boo."

Working alongside other stroke victims, I realize how fortunate I was to receive the TPA and be having such a steady recovery.  This morning I had a meltdown though.  I way overdid yesterday and my right leg was in pain all night.  Then the doctor's office called to say my blood work came back abnormal. A prescription has been ordered and I see the doctor Monday for that explanation. While I should be glad they have found the reason for this stroke, instead I was overwhelmed that there is a problem.  Immediately, I felt guilty for the meltdown, because God has been so faithful.
My sweet husband said, "Go back and read your devotionals and encourage yourself!"  

Memorization is an excellent brain exercise.  Two new therapy verses for me.

"The Lord replied, 'My Presence will go with you, and I will give you rest.'"
Exodus 33:14

"I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with loving-kindness."   
Jeremiah 31:3

In Jesus Calling, Sarah Young writes: 
"The human mind cannot comprehend My constancy. 
Your emotions flicker and falter in the face of varying circumstances..."

I may feel differently about things today, but God's love is steady and consistent. That is where I need to remain...in His love.

PS. Thanks for prayers for the boys.  No fevers today and Carrington is able to walk again.

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?

Marriage Matters #1