Change Me

Hope and Love

December 7
Waking up yesterday feeling pretty good for a change, we reflected on how the last two Sundays had worn me out.  I love my church and wanted to be there early for fellowship and then stay afterwards and help serve in little ways.  Then each week we'd do the grocery shopping afterwards and we've realized I was spent by that time. So since the headaches had been so bad we decided to have church alone together at Shiloh!  Pulling out an old piano book with praise music, I began to clink away at the keys.  My husband found a microphone we have here (didn't plug it in) but used it as a prop as he was our praise leader. The angels who encamp around Shiloh had to be hooting outside at my piano playing and his singing.  God says to make a joyful noise and that we did!
Next I shared about realizing in taking my worship to a deeper level, sometimes I just need to get on my knees or even on my face.  While down there I heard the Lord speak his love over me as he impressed this thought upon my mind...

"I want you to turn for longing for "what was" into excitement for what I am doing with you "now."

"Now may the God of peace, who through the blood of the eternal covenant brought back
from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great Shepherd of the sheep, equip you with everything
good for doing his will, and may he work in us what is pleasing to him, through Jesus Christ,
to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen"
Hebrews 13:20-22 

Later in the day, He took that a step beyond the stroke scenario.  We were working on old Christmas albums, trying to compile them into fewer albums and make it easier on the children to sort through when we are with Jesus.  Oh, the joy that filled my heart looking back on the fun we had.  I looked at my husband and said, "I was a nut!  How did you put up with me doing all that at Christmas?"  So instead of longing for the laughter filled house (which also came with a lot of laundry and boo boos)
I gave thanks for what I am doing now and that those little children have jobs and people in their lives they love very much and who love them.  Thankful that my husband and I can sit cozily on a couch and count the memories and fall asleep if we want to.

Accepting change is applicable to us all as we embrace change and become elated with the new plans God has for us along life's highway!

Oh, and yes, we did have a sermon and Bible study on Sunday!  :-)

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?