One More Thing

December 14
When you hear:
"That's not a reason to arrest me. Do not arrest me!"
"Trauma alert, transport is six minutes out."
"We are receiving a patient with a gunshot wound from a 22 to his face."
"Stroke alert, transport is five minutes out."
"We will do an EKG and then are sending you for X-rays, several CT scans and an ultrasound..."
You know you are not home in your own bed anymore.

Saturday, my husband and I went out for a walk on a beautiful 75 degree day.  About a mile into the walk I had acute upper abdominal pain.  I asked him to please go get the car. Unfortunately, neither of us had our phones with us, so he had to leave me and run uphill for the car.  We headed right for our local Urgent Care center, as the pain was not subsiding.  Evaluating my history and the fact that I'm on Plavix, they tossed me into an ambulance and sent me to the ER in Roanoke. I pleaded with my husband and the doctor to not send me, but lost out on that request.  Ugh, all I could think about was the insurance deductible we are going to have to pay once again, as we are in a new cycle, and my whole medical mystery situation.

A major trauma center is a wild place to be on a Saturday night. The hallways were bumper to bumper with filled hospital beds. I was one of the fortunate ones to have a cubical and God placed, as our nurse, a former student from the private school where my husband works!  The attending physician, whom it took hours to see, was the son of a beloved PE teacher from our high school!

At some point in the evening I opened the Jesus Calling app on my phone and grinned as I read this note from Jesus.

"I am taking care of you.  Feel the warmth and security of being enveloped in My loving Presence.  Every detail of your life is under My control.  Moreover, everything fits into a pattern for good, to those who love Me and are called according to My designed purpose.
Because the world is in an abnormal, fallen condition, people tend to think that chance governs the universe.  Events may seem to occur randomly, with little or no meaning.  People who view the world this way have overlooked one basic fact: the limitations of human understanding.  What you know of the world you inhibit is only the tip of the iceberg. Submerged beneath the surface of the visible world are mysteries too vast for you to comprehend. If you could only see how close I am to you and how constantly I work on your behalf, you would never again doubt that I am wonderfully caring for you.  This is why you must live by faith, not by sight, trusting in My mysterious, majestic Presence."
                                                                                                    Jesus Calling December 12

We are assured and know that (God being a partner in their labor) all things work together and are (fitting into a plan) for good to and for those who love God and are called according to His design and purpose.  Romans 8:28 AMP

Cast all your anxiety, on him because he cares for you.  1 Peter 5:7

There was such peace in this message and a confidence that God had me covered.

We waited 3 1/2 hours for a resident to enter, evaluate my situation, and order tests.  The immediate suspicions were gallbladder issues or internal bleeding.  Eleven hours later, at 2:30AM, the diagnosis of gall stones was in and we were advised to call a surgeon and schedule surgery.
The discharge process took an hour!  We finally arrived home around 4:15 AM. What a Saturday!

Possibly, part of the purpose for us was to sit there and pray over each scenario we heard announced over the loud speaker.  The stroke victim got extra popcorn prayers from me throughout the night and those are continuing. The realization that many angels were encamped within that trauma center helped shift my thoughts from my own situation to the needs of others.

We will confer with my hematologist, neurologist and primary care doctor to come up with a plan of action, as my situation is a little complicated,

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?