Swaddled







December 23
We had a wonderful time walking around the Opryland Hotel. Around every corner was something to delight the eye!  And all the escalators were like a Disney ride for these two little fellows. Watching them JUMP on and off definitely made my heart skip a beat!  The cardiologist called yesterday and said she had reviewed the monthly heart monitoring I was on and saw no signs of an A-fib event, so she'd like to have an implant placed under my skin that can remain for up to THREE years.  I asked if when they were taking out my gallbladder the same surgeon could stick that in...negative.  The first of the year we will have a pow-wow with my Primary Care physician and come up with a plan, for no one has the answers we'd like to have.  The concern still exist if the current blood thinner they have me on is the correct drug and are any of the symptoms I'm having medication related.
One praise is how much better I'm doing in the sequencing area.  I do see great strides there!  So Jesus and I will just keep on keeping on for the time being!



Today's Biblegateway verse says:

""Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord. This will be a sign to you:  You will find a baby wrapped in clothes and lying in a manger.' Suddenly a great company of the heavenly hosts appeared with the angel, praising God and saying, 'Glory to God in the highest heaven, and on earth peace to those who his favor rests.'"       Luke 2:11-14  

Some translations use the word swaddled instead of wrapped. Our three year old grandson asks for his bear to be swaddled at bedtime! A faculty member where my husband works, shared insight that the word swaddled  is also the word for what a shepherd would do to an endangered newborn lamb.  The lamb would be wrapped up in a way that the shepherd could carrying the animal around with him.  How fitting that our sacrificial lamb was swaddled.
"Glory to God in the highest!"

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?