The Journey

"So Joseph also went up from the town of Nazareth in Galilee to Judea, 
to Bethlehem the town of David. because he belonged to the house and line of David.
He went there to register with Mary, 
who was pledged to be married to him and was expecting a child."
Luke 2:4-5

December 15
Thinking back to how I felt ten days before I delivered my babies, I am sooooo thankful I did not have to get on a donkey and ride anywhere.  Supposedly, the 80-100 mile trip to Bethlehem took Mary and Joseph 8-10 days.  The link below tells how you can make a similar trek on a trip called The Nativity Trail.  I wish I'd done this 40 years ago!

http://jesustrail.com/blog/hiking-the-nativity-trail-from-nazareth-to-bethlehem

Yesterday, I made the journey back to my stroke site.  It took about ten hours instead of ten days, with lots of stops along the way to avoid clots.  I saw my primary care doc in the morning and she said, "Take your pain meds with you and go for it!  You can have the surgery after Christmas."  So, while I feel like a walking time bomb gallstone wise,  I'm happy to be back in Nashville with our daughter and comforted by the fact there is great medical care right around the corner.  Missing my man though, but he can probably use the break of watching over me.

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?