The Wiseguys

 
You know you are old when your daughter takes over Christmas!
December 26-27
There's just been so much meat in my Jesus time this week.  I have to go back and share some thoughts about the wisemen.  In She Reads Truth, one author paraphrased Mt. 2:8 in this way:
"When you find him," Herod told the visitors, "come back and tell me where He is, I have a little something of my own I want to give Him."
The wisemen had the good sense to sum up Herod's character and realize he'd not be worshipping another king, also they had a noteworthy notice in a dream that Herod was not up to good.  So, they secretly slipped away for home avoiding Jerusalem.  Oh, how I want to be that good a job of character.  There have been times in my life I realized someone wanted me to share news with another and it was not for good!  There have probably been just as many times I was suckered in.

Here's another wise guy nugget from SRT:
"He (the new born king) wasn't even their king.  Israel's God was not their people's god.  And yet, they had come because the thought of a God of mercy with healing in His wings must have awakened in them a desire to be close to the one through whom the healing would flow. They followed the star, and after countless miles of sojourn, they found the King."

The other day I had slipped off to the guest room of our daughter's home for some alone with Jesus time. Within five minutes the pitter patter of little feet found me and snuggled up in the bed next to me.  Their daddy came to get them.  "I'm hanging with Jesus," I explained, "I guess they just want to be with him too."  Their sweet daddy said, "They want to be with Mama Boo."  The truth of the matter is they really desired my iPad!

I love the statement above concerning desires. I want to turn it into a prayer for us all.

"Father, awaken a desire in each of us to be so close to Christ that his healing would overflow into our hearts removing all jealousy, bitterness, fear and anxiety.  May those around us sense a sweet smell that points them to the place of finding their king! In Jesus' Name, Amen"

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?