Sunday Morning Snow Showers



January 20
Sunday morning we finally had a few hours of snow. It was beautiful, but all melted away by noon.
Looks like we will get a whopper this weekend!
Our children live in six other cities and I have their weather forecasts on my phone, so each morning I scroll across to see what they are facing weather wise.  It's quite varied from Minnetonka, Minnesota to Tampa, Florida.
Then I begin to pray for their lives. There's not as much variety in the issues they are facing in life. While some have spouses or children and others don't, they all have hearts, minds, souls and a faith leading them as they wade through life's uncertainties.  I pray for some generalities, but then the specifics they have requested us to pray over.

Monday's Biblegateway verse was: "No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear.  But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it."  1 Corinthians 10:13

There is such a comfort in God's Word.  He can meet all our needs.

And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 4:19

A little health update.  No more gallbladder attacks so far.  Keep that prayer coming.  Stroke recovery wise I continue to see improvement.  Big groups and taxing brain issues seem to set off the discomfort in the head.  With the threat of snow and being senior citizen day, the grocery store was a mess yesterday afternoon.  You had to wait for a parking spot and then numerous items were sold out.
Plus I was coupon shopping, which can really tax my brain trying to find the right brands.  My sweet husband had met me there on his way home from work and took part of my list.  We ended up checking out separately, as we could not find each other in the crowds.  Halfway through putting things away at home I knew I done too much and was fading.  So, down for the count I went and after about 30 minutes I was at a functioning level again.  I thank God for his healing power and continue to pray daily for stroke survivors. 

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?

Marriage Matters #1