A Thousand Generations


Boo Boo bunnies in the making.

March 15
Know therefore that the Lord your God is God; he is the faithful God,
keeping his covenant of love to a thousand generations of those who love him
and keep his commandments.
Deuteronomy 7:9 

I'm counting the days until the generation, represented by our grandchildren, arrives for Easter!  
Six months ago, even two months ago, crafting wasn't happening with this brain, because it was too taxing sequentially. My husband says I've been a crafting machine lately.  The stroke related head pain is almost nonexistence (except on days I way over do and it's there as a reminder).  Yesterday, was a banner day. My four hour, solo, escapade  involved a doctor's appointment in Roanoke, a brief visit to a friend, shopping at Lowe's and on other store. My man stayed on the phone with me most of the drive home.  Then I crawled in bed and slept for two hours!  

The woman I visited has been a spiritual mentor of mine for years. As she walked me to the door, she said, "Remember you are not going out this door alone, Jesus is with you!"

While the cause of the stroke remains a mystery and recovery seems to have been a long time coming, I'm truly starting to feel like myself again and praising the Lord for the progress.

Listening to the political debates, which probably isn't good for my brain, one particular candidate consistently brings up the reminder of the national debt mess we are leaving to our children/grandchildren.  Had the stroke taken me home, our children would have been laden with a mess of things around this house. We've just spent my husband's spring break, cleaning our property inside and out.  

Of eternal value is the spiritual heritage we are leaving to future generations. They can divide up or dump the things. Do our lives exhibit exhilaration from knowing our God is faithful? Do the tales we tell speak of how God has kept his covenant he made to Abraham?  This Easter as grandchildren gather here, we will celebrate the beauty of spring, pick daffodils, wear bunny socks, eat marshmallow chicks, hunt eggs, and have treasure hunts, but the cross and other stories of Jesus are the true treasures we will pass on.

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?

Marriage Matters #1