I Love You

March 21
It was a wonderful birthday weekend for my husband.  A bit chilly, but we cozied up by the fire and watched basketball.  Throughout the day I found myself saying, "Have I told you that I love you?  Do you know you are my favorite thing?"
Then yesterday our church had a powerful, moving Palm Sunday service.  Holding my husband's hand throughout much of the service and as we walked to the car I became convicted.  Expressing that conviction I told him, "Yesterday, over and over again I told you how much I love you.  I think the only time I told Jesus I loved him was when I woke up."

"And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart,
and with all your soul, and with all your mind, and with all your strength."
Mark 12:30

"Come, let us worship and bow down, let us kneel before the Lord our Maker."
Psalm 95:6

During this Holy Week let's be intentional to up the ante in our worship of the Lord.  May our voices to lifted in song, in sentence and in sincere sentiment as to the depth of our love for Jesus. May our prayer journals and Bible study pages exude written words of "I love You!"  xoxox's and heart icons.  As we, the Bride of Christ, express a deeper outpouring of love for Christ, may it be a life pattern that isn't just for Holy Week, but continues to grow daily in its depth of expression!  

"For I am jealous for you with a godly jealousy."
2 Corinthians 11:2  

"Jesus answered and said to him,
'If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him,
and We will come to him and make Our abode with him."
John 14:23 

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?