No One Taught Me...


March 18
Channel surfing the other night, my husband landed on the dramatic ending of the movie Gravity.
The moment I laid eyes on it, I knew my nights sleep would be ruined. I actually awakened in the middle of the night with dizziness so SEVERE I had to grab hold of my man.  Unfortunately, I'm still spinning.

A monologue is haunting me from the movie.  It's when Sandra Bullock, the lone astronaut left on this mission, realizes she is going to die...

"No one will mourn me. No one will pray for my soul.  
Will you mourn me? Will you pray for me? 
I'd pray for myself, but I've never prayed-nobody ever taught me how."

Ugh.  How many people really feel like that? So sad. 

"There you will worship man-made gods of wood and stone, which cannot see or hear or eat or smell.  But if from there you seek the Lord your God
you will find him if you seek him with all your heart and with all your soul.  
Deuteronomy 4:28-29

 I may have shared, a while back I had the opportunity to pray over a young woman. Afterwards tears dripped from her eyes and she said, "That's the nicest thing anyone has ever done for me."  We all need to actually pray for and with people more. 

Come join us on Monday nights this summer and learn how to pray!
There are lots of ways!

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?

Marriage Matters #1