Things that Grow


Do you like my egg heads?  I put dirt and grass seed in eggshells!

March 17
Whew! Maintaining things that grow. What a chore. My hair is way overdo a cut, it's getting more and more difficult to stay in that bent over position and trim my toenails, age spots are popping out all over, and my belly seems to grow just looking at food these days.

Outside weeds are popping up, the exterminator is on his way due to the possibility we have carpenter bees who have laid larva and the baby woodpeckers, who are growing, are feasting on is what they consider a delicacy.

Some things seem to grow rather easily.  What about our faith?  Is it stagnant? Is there a satisfaction in the thought process..."I've said the prayer and am in the door."

Hear the enthusiasm and encouragement in these apostles' writings as they spur believers on to grow in their faith.  Do we ever sound like this?

"I thank God through Jesus for every one of you. That's first.  People everywhere keep telling me about your lives of faith, and every time I hear them, I thank him.  And God, whom I so love to worship and serve by spreading the good news of his Son-the Message!-knows that every time I think of you in my prayers, which is practically all the time, I ask him to clear the way for me to come and see you....I so want to be there to deliver God's gift in person and watch you grow stronger right before my eyes!"  Romans 1:8-12  

"Our hope is that, as your faith continues to grow, or sphere of activity among you will greatly expand, so that we can preach the gospel in the regions beyond you."    Corinthians 10:15-16

"Your faith is growing phenomenally; your love for each other is developing wonderfully.  Why, it's only right that we give thanks.  We're so proud of you; you're so steady and determined in your faith despite all the hard times that have come down on you.  We tell everyone we meet in the churches all about you."  2 Thessalonians 1:3-4

Who are we excited to see growing in their faith right now?  Are we celebrating this with other believers?  We cheer our children/grandchildren on in their worldly endeavors...sports, dance, academics, jobs....are we affirming them in how their faith is growing?  Are we feeding that faith?

"So don't lose a minute in building on what you've been given, complementing your basic faith with good character, spiritual understanding, alert discipline, passionate patience, reverent wonder, warm friendliness, and generous love, each dimension fitting into and developing the others. With these qualities active and growing in your lives, no grass will grow under your feet, no day will pass without its reward as you mature in your experience of our Master Jesus."  2 Peter 1:5-9 

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?

Marriage Matters #1