Who Am I?


March 7
A lovely lady approached me at a Bible Study and said, "Do you know who I am?"  That stumped me!  My slow brain thought..."You are a lady who attends Bible Study.  You are a child of God."
Before I blurted out those things, she explained that I knew her son and didn't know if I'd made the connection between the two.

The phrase "Do you know who I am?" stayed with me.  I decided to toss it out to my husband when he arrived home that evening.  It took him back! He said, "Well, you are you!"

Then I threw it out to myself looking in the mirror..."Do you know who you are?"

Yes, I am beloved.  A am a child of God.  A am an heir to the King. I am forgiven. I am God's creation. I am a servant of Jesus Christ. I am to be a citizen of heaven.

But there's far more to life for us. We're citizens of high heaven!
We're waiting the arrival of the Savior, the Master, Jesus Christ, 
who will transform our earthly bodies into glorious bodies like his own.
He'll make us beautiful and whole with the same powerful skill by which he is 
putting everything as it should be, under and around him.
Philippians 3:20-21 

Interesting to think...we really don't know who we will be in that perfected heavenly state
for we shall be changed!

I declare to you, brothers and sisters, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God,
nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable.  Listen, I tell you a mystery:
We will not all sleep, but we will all be changed-in a flash, 
in the twinkling of an eye,at the last trumpet.  
For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised imperishable,
and we will be changed.
1 Corinthians 15:50-52

Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself and God our Father, who has loved us 
and given us eternal comfort and good hope by grace, comfort and strengthen your hearts
in every good work and word.
2 Thessalonians 2:15-17 

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?