Peace Like a River


June 6
If I want to aggravate my husband, I sing "It's a Small World."  It's probably the closest thing to nails down a chalkboard for him.  We are so different! That was probably one of my favorite Disney rides with the children, when they were younger.  The boat and air-conditioned indoor setting provided a chance to sit down and cool off from a hot day at Disney.

Caution...this song could have that "stick in your head and drive you crazy" effect on you, but it's where the Lord took me as I looked out our bedroom window at the stillness of one of the rivers which forms our lake.
"I've Got Peace Like a River"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NlZO57W0eE

The song doesn't attribute that peace to any source, it just draws a symbolic correlation between peace and a river.

God's Word has some good insight into how to have peace.

"You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast because they trust in you."
Isaiah 26:3
         
"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. 
Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid."  John 14:27

May you have a peace that passings understanding this day.

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?