Delighted With the Storm

I sat out in one of our rocking chairs and watched a ferocious storm last week.
While many of the trees waved their leaves and branches during the uproar,
the magnolia tree and the hydrangeas seem to drink in the goodness and refreshment the
storms rains brought.  We should live like that?

July 18
Having just been through a stormy time, which we know could once again erupt at any time, in the current aftermath I've realized I need to keep the urgency that I've had in my times with God.  There are still reasons to fall on my face, reasons to cry out loud and lift my arms to him.  Times to sing songs of lament and songs of praise.  Times to look with expectancy on where He is showing me to take the next step.  This is a level of fellowship I should delight in maintaining.


"The Lord makes firm the steps of the one who delights in him;
though he may stumble, he will not fall, for the Lord upholds him with his hand.
I was young and now I am old, 
yet I have ever seen the righteous forsaken or their children begging bread."
Psalm 37:23-25


Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?