Makes Me Miss My Grandmothers

Love this long legged little one!

July 27
My grandmother lived about 5 houses down and across the street.  Her house was such a safe haven for me and her love was sincere, sweet, genuine and definitely unconditional. Sitting beside her in church Sunday mornings, while she tickled my arm to keep me still through the sermon, is a precious memory.

In 2 Timothy Paul shares a grandmother memory...that of the faith of Timothy's grandmother, Lois.

"I, Paul, am on special assignment for Christ, carrying out God's plan laid out in the Message of Life by Jesus.  I write this to you, Timothy, the son I love so much.  All the best from our God and Christ be yours!

Every time I say your name in prayer-which is practically all the time-I thank God for you, the God I worship with my whole life in the tradition of my ancestors. I miss you a lot, especially when I remember that last tearful good-bye, and I look forward to a joy-packed reunion.

That precious memory triggers another:your honest faith-and what a rich faith it is, handed down from your grandmother Lois, to your mother Eunice, and now to you!  And the special gift of ministry you received when I laid hands on you and prayed-keep that ablaze!  God doesn't want us to be shy with his gifts, but bold and loving and sensible.  2 Timothy 1:1-7

We have a fabulous faith to pass on!

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?