Saying Good-bye



"Ah, Lord God! Behold, You have made the heavens and the earth
by Your great power and by Your outstretched arm!
Nothing is too difficult for You."
Jeremiah 32:17

July 12

Each day we've had to say good-bye to a child or grandchild and it just causes me to sob from deep in my heart.  How can there be such a connection to another human being?

I've been studying in the Book of Acts and think back to Paul's journeys.  Quite often, farewells were anticipated as final farewells.  There was no Face Time, nor emails, texts or even phone calls to be made to touch base with fellow believers.  

She Reads Truth writes: "Paul's last address to the Ephesians invited them to see the world in the light of eternity, to make much of little things, because our goodbyes in this world are many and often. Knowing none of them would ever see his face again, Paul slowed everything down to cry and savor their time together.  Some of Paul's last words to them were simple:

"But I count my life of no value to myself, so that I may finish my course and the ministry I received from the Lord Jesus, to testify to the gospel of God's grace."   Acts 20:24

Over the 4th weekend my husband gathered everyone together and said when it comes down to the nitty gritty, the most important thing is that no one (our children or grandchildren) miss their appointment with Jesus.  Our earthly lives can be finished in a flash, but let's be certain those farewells can be withstood knowing we will spend eternity together in heaven.




Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?