What I Have to Have

These two left their little ones with us and slipped off for a date night.
It's good to keep love alive!

July 14
Stealing away to our screened porch on a date with Jesus I heard myself say, "Lord, wherever You send us next, I have to have a screened porch to meet with You." Yuck, "that was snooty" was my next thought. In reality, all I have to have is a mind steadfast on You Lord and that can occur anywhere.

Those thoughts turned to the prayer requests of fellow Bible study ladies, which encompassed individuals who struggle with debilitating depression, excessive pain, dementia, Alzheimers, and other limitations where their minds can't focus God's Word. We need us to cry out for them.  One woman shared she was so thankful she had memorized scripture and had it in her heart before severe depression set into her life years ago. Having scripture implanted in her heart enabled her to call upon those verses in the darkest of times.

"But He answered and said, 'It is written, Man shall not live on bread alone, 
but on every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God.'"
Matthew 4:4

Yup, what I have to have is the Word of God and a big scoop of Jesus.




Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?