Clip, Snip, Pinch

A geranium about to burst forth.

August 24

Gardening is good for the soul and the soil.  Every time I'm out clipping, snipping and pinching away dead growth I stop to realize it's good to allow God to do that to me as well.  There is so much mess hidden behind the facade of our faces.

One morning, I was pulling away old dead blooms from a gerber daisy plant and underneath, tightly bound, were future blooms waiting for just the right time to stand tall and burst forth with their beauty.

It made me think of the future generations who have so much to offer.  They are hidden behind our lives, watching and learning how to live.  I want them to see the importance of recognizing the dead and diseased areas of our hearts and see us ridding ourselves of these things by confessing them to God and turning from our wicked ways.

"For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers,
against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness
in the heavenly places."
Ephesians 6:12

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?