Buy Back

My granddaughter and I made delectable edible bowls!
Fill this with ice cream and whipped cream and a smile will follow.
You melt white chocolate, dip a balloon in the chocolate, then immediately into sprinkles.
Refrigerate briefly.  Then pop the balloon and peel it away from the candied bowl!
It's just one of those little things that makes life a little sweeter.
Although it can't compare with Jesus, it was a fun activity!

September 28

Finishing up a study on Hosea, I asked the Lord what he wanted me to take away from the study.
The phrase "buy back" was what crossed my mind. "What does that mean?" I inquired of the Lord.

Here's where the thought process went.  Hosea did it. Yes, Hosea set the bar very high. He bought Gomer, his runaway wife, back out of promiscuous lifestyle.
God had Jesus pay the buy back price for each of us and He does it again and again as we fall into the cycle of sin and repentance.  Now the question is...Do we offer the same redemption and forgiveness to others who are under our judgement?

"The Lord said to me, 'Go, show your love to your wife again, though she is loved by another man and is an adulteress.  Love her as the Lord loves the Israelites, though they turn to other gods...' So I bought her for fifteen shekels of silver...Then I told her, 'You are to live with me many days; you must not be a prostitute or be intimate with any man, and I will behave the same way toward you.'"
Hosea 3:1-3 

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?