Commands



September 2
"Come, let us bow down in worship, let us kneel before the Lord our Maker; 
for he is our God, and we are the people of His pasture, and the flock under his care.
Today, if only you would hear His voice...
Psalm 95:6-7

A friend invited our granddaughter to come over and get to know her horse.  The command this woman has over this large animal is amazing.  She calls him to come into the barn and stand attentively while she goes into the tack room and brings out a saddle.  All 17 hands of this gorgeous animal respond to all her commands and whispers of affection (as well as the peppermints she keeps hidden in her pocket)!

When I read this Psalm recently I thought of my relationship with the Lord my Maker, whose care I am under.  Do I bow down and worship throughout the day, how often am I found kneeling in His Presence, listening for His voice?  Am I quick to follow His every command or do I need to be enticed/rewarded with a peppermint? 

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?