Elated

This little fellow loves school buses, so we had a bus birthday party for him!
His Papa has his commercial driver's license, so we were in luck.
Elated would be an understatement.

September 16
I can remember picking up an old vocabulary workbook, probably left over from my older siblings,
and in the first lesson was the word elated.  The meaning: ecstatically happy! That word stuck with me. I wanted to go through life elated and bring that kind of joy to others.

Be joyful always!
1 Thessalonians 5:16

There is so much that elates me in the Bible, but when I plugged it into Biblegateway only one verse was referenced. If you read all of chapter 11 the battles and threats are every bit as gory as those in the Philippa Gregory novels I'm reading about 14th and 15th century England/Scotland.

In verse 9 it says: "They told the messengers who had come, "Say to the men of Jabesh Gilead, 'By the time the sun is hot tomorrow, you will be rescued.' When the messengers went and reported this to the men of Jabesh, they were elated."

Where in your life could you stand a scoop of elation?  Are you waiting for a message of hope, of rescue?  It may not come by footman, or by a messenger boy on horseback. It may not even come by US mail, but if you cry out to God for a rescue and open His Word, you will find reason to be ecstatically happy. 

He brought me out into a spacious place; he rescued me because he delighted in me."
2 Samuel 22:20 

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?