Rejected

Our granddaughter and I play a fun pageant game with her Disney Princess set.
The competition includes three segments:evening gown, talent and an individual question.
We narrow it down to the top five and then the three finalists. So much fun!
At the end, although rejected, the losers flood around the winner with shouts of false jubilation.

September 29

My cell phone rang and the caller ID said, Lafayette, LA.  Not recognizing the number, I did not answer the call. Moments later my brain registered that one of our children lives in Lafayette and his wife has been awaiting surgery, so I hit the redial button.  The response was "Your call has been rejected."  Rejected?  How dare someone call and bother me and then reject me! What a harsh word.
My computer dictionary defines reject this way:

"Dismiss as inadequate, inappropriate or not to one's taste; 
fail to show due affection or concern for; rebuff."

When we call out to Jesus we will never be rejected or dismissed. Disciplined and set back a straighter path, possibly, but not rejected.  Those who love Jesus will receive a crown!

"Those whom I love I rebuke and discipline. So be earnest and repent.  Here I am!  I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with that person, and they with me."  Revelation 3:19-20

"Blessed is a man who perseveres under trial; for once he has been approved, he will receive the crown of life which the Lord has promised to those who love Him."   James 1:12



Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?