Trust Me!

They were rather skeptical when I asked them to follow me... 
 into the woods for a bear hunt.  "Trust me!" I said.
February 24
"Will you just trust me!"  Every parent has said these words at some point.  This past week a couple of our grandsons have been here and had the flu with high, high fever.  Fortunately, their mother arrived back in town when the youngest became sick.  In trying to get this four year old to take Tylenol she said, "Will you just trust me that this will make you feel better?"

Some of my very favorite scripture verses are about trust.

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight."  Proverbs 3:5-6

"But blessed is the one who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in him."  Jeremiah 17:7

"Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the Lord our God."
Psalm 20:7

"The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and he helps me. My heart leaps for joy, and with my song I praise him."  Psalm 28:7 

"Blessed is the one who trusts in the Lord, who does not look to the proud, to those who turn aside to false gods."  Psalm 40:4

"The greedy stir up conflict, but those who trust in the Lord will prosper."  Proverbs 28:25

"But I trust in your unfailing love; my heart rejoices in your salvation."  Psalm 13:5

Not sure about you, but currently I have multiple real life situations requiring trust that God knows the road ahead and what is best and he can work all things together for the good of those of us who love Him and are called according to his purpose!  (Romans 8:28)

Today's Biblegateway verse is Jeremiah 29:11-13

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when yo seek me with all your heart."

It's a gorgeous day here in Virginia to get out and seek the Lord!

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?