Into Our Selfies


May 19
Our pastor has embarked on a sermon series entitled "How's Your Soul?" It's fabulous! (The sermon series that is).  He shared that Yellow Stone National Park has opened for the season and park guests are asked to sign a statement of agreement for 10 things they will do while in the park. #1 is to be cautious and practice safety while taking "selfies."  Accidents have been occurring due to risky selfies on ledges and with animals.

He then said, "We are into our selfies! The more we focus on ourselves the more we neglect our souls."

Five days later I opened Jesus Always and read a similar message:
"To increase your awareness of My Presence, you need to learn the art of self-forgetfulness. You were not designed to stay focused on yourself. However, Adam and Eve's disobedience in the Garden of Eden made selfishness the natural bent of mankind.  The inclination is a deadly trap, but I've equipped you to live supernaturally...you have My Spirit living in you.  Ask this Holy Helper to free you from self-centeredness....Ask My Spirit to help you look beyond yourself with eyes that really see."

"You, however, are not in the realm of the flesh but are in the realm of the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God lives in you."  Romans 8:9

Father, we step away from the mirror of "all about me" today and seek Your face.  Fill us with Your Holy Spirit, give us eyes to look out and see the day from Your perspective.  In Jesus' Name, Amen

I'm sure I've sent this link before, but this is one of my favorite Brandon Heath videos.
Give Me Your Eyes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5AkNqLuVgY

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?